If you would like to submit to Review Americana: A Creative Writing
Journal, send an
explanatory email that includes your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attach your submission to that email.
We publish a spring edition in late June/early July and a fall edition in late December/early January. Your work will be considered for the next available issue.
Please conform to the following guidelines:
1) We consider poems, short fiction, short screenplays,
short plays, creative nonfiction, essays about the art of creative
writing, and essays
about the teaching of creative writing.
2) We do not consider simultaneous submissions. If your work is under consideration
elsewhere, please do not submit it to us.
3) We do not consider multiple submissions. Please wait until you have heard
from us regarding your previous submission before you submit again. Poets may
submit up to four poems. All other authors should submit only one work.
4 ) We only consider previously unpublished work.
5) We do not publish profanity, gratuitously violent, or erotic work. We are
looking for creative writing that may be considered "classic." In other words, Review Americana: A Creative Writing Journal seeks the widest possible readership. We are also open access - thus anyone of any age may come across our pages. In addition, we don't publish material that might get us banned in conservative or religious countries. As stated above, we seek the widest possible readership for our authors.
6) All work submitted to any publication or contest at Americana is reviewed blindly. Please do not include your name on the submission. If you do, we will remove it before it is sent out for review.
7) American citizenship is not a requirement for submission; the only requirement is that the work hold some appeal for an American readership and bear some relationship with American culture.
A note on reading times: We publish twice a year. Our reading period for spring is January through June with the spring edition decision and publication coming in late June/early July. Our reading period for fall is July through December with the fall edition decision and publication coming late December/early January.
Back to Top